Assumed disk failure?

Denis Beauchemin Denis.Beauchemin at USherbrooke.ca
Tue Mar 17 18:08:01 GMT 2009

dcurtis at sbschools.net a écrit :

> I have a mailscanner box (centos 5) running MailScanner 4.74.16. I am
> getting the below error over and over again in the maillog:
>
> Database complained about this: disk I/O error(10) at dbdimp.c line
> 271. I suggest you delete your
> /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/SpamAssassin.cache.db file and let me
> re-create it for you
>

> I have deleted (moved the file) and I continue to get these errors.
>

> The computer is crawling right now and the i/o does not seem high
> enough to cause this.
>

> I am assuming I have a disk going bad and needs replacement? Is there
> any hope or should I just replace the drive? I am almost certain that
> I have replaced the drive in this unit less than a year ago due to
> drive errors.
>

> Any suggestions would be great.

Are you sure you are not having memory problems instead? It is highly
recommended to run that directory from a ram-disk.  If it is your case,
you may be running short on memory or having a faulty memory chip.

Denis

--
   _
  °v°   Denis Beauchemin, analyste