Spamassassin cache in mysql - feature request

infernix infernix at infernix.net
Tue Mar 17 14:30:25 GMT 2009

Hi,

I've got a few mailscanner nodes in a cluster which all have their own
local sqlite spamassassin cache. They all process mail for the same
domains in a round robin fashion. I looked at SA.pm for the code that
does the caching and it seems that it should be easily adaptable to
support a mysql server.

Would it be possible to add support for this so that the cache can be
stored in mysql? This would allow for a centralized spamassassin cache
which, for obvious reasons, would be a nice performance benefit for
those that use MailScanner in a multi node setup. I'll give it a shot
myself but I'm not great with perl. If I do come up with a patch (read:
hack) I will post it.

Thanks!

infernix