Blocking of WMF

Jethro R Binks jethro.binks at strath.ac.uk
Tue Mar 17 12:49:07 GMT 2009

On Tue, 17 Mar 2009, Randal, Phil wrote:

> Should be OK (until next WMF vulnerability is discovered) if you have
> MS09-006 applied.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/Bulletin/ms09-006.mspx

Oh dear, I hadn't realised there were more recent discoveries of ways to
exploit WMF.

Sigh.  Thanks, I think.

Possibly permitting "thumbnail.wmf" specifically would be an acceptable
compromise.  Although I suppose if I wanted to exploit the format, that's
the sort of filename I would use ...

Jethro.