Commercial Antivirus scanner capabilities

Jonas Akrouh Larsen jonas at vrt.dk
Wed Mar 11 14:33:49 GMT 2009

Hi all

I recently had to renew one of our antivirus licenses for mailscanner.

And I got to thinking, do anybody use a product which on top of simple virus
protection also

includes some sort of spam protection which can be used in combination with
mailscanner?

The reason I am asking is that a lot of the AV companies got anti spam
products so I was just wondering if

Any of them could be used in combination with mailscanner to help
spamassassin kill all the spam.

Atm. we use:

F-secure (Which includes kaspersky’s engine)

ClamAV (Obviously)

ESET NOD32 (Because we got a great deal with them)

Of those I only know about 3rd party sigs for ClamAV.

So if anybody have any tips or suggestions let me know J

Jonas A. Larsen, Support

Mailscan.nu | Laplandsgade 4 | Postboks 4004 | 2300 København S |
www.mailscan.nu