Followup: was RE: Installing on SLES 10 SP2

Kevin Miller Kevin_Miller at ci.juneau.ak.us
Thu Mar 5 23:49:06 GMT 2009

Kevin Miller wrote:
> Kai Schaetzl wrote:
>> Kevin Miller wrote on Thu, 5 Mar 2009 09:28:05 -0900:
>>
>>> OK, tried that, but it tells me that it can't install because of
>>> missing dependencies: rtld(GNU_HASH)
>>
>> what is "it", the rpm or the install.sh?
>
> The rpm...
>
> ...Kevin

After searching the web high and low, it seems that *lots* of folks are running into the same issue w/many different programs.  It turns out that rtld(GNU_HASH) is a new part of glibc but isn't found in older versions.

I looked inside Julian's tnef*.rpm and saw the source to tnef was available from sourceforge.  I downloaded that, compiled it, created an rpm w/checkconfig then installed that.  My rpm didn't have a dependency on rtld(GNU_HASH).  Not sure why Julian's does, but maybe it was built on a CentOS or newer openSUSE box?  Be good if he could build one against a SLES 10 SP2 box.  If one isn't available I'd be happy to compile one and send it if a plain vanilla version is what is produced with chkconfig.  I didn't give it any specific parameters or list any dependencies when it built.

So, long story short, MailScanner installed, hopefully to no ill effect lacking the rtld(GNU_HASH) aspect.

We'll see...

...Kevin
155 South Seward Street     ph: (907) 586-0242
Juneau, Alaska 99801        fax: (907 586-4500