Interesting Error - Can't use string ("1909") as an ARRAY ref while "strict refs" in use

Drew Marshall drew.marshall at trunknetworks.com
Thu Mar 5 19:51:37 GMT 2009

Hi all

Just bumped into this one:

MailScanner --debug
In Debugging mode, not forking...
Trying to setlogsock(unix)
Building a message batch to scan...
Have a batch of 10 messages.
max message size is '250000 trackback'
Can't use string ("1909") as an ARRAY ref while "strict refs" in use
at /usr/share/MailScanner//MailScanner/PFDiskStore.pm line 509.

This is my first stray back to Linux (Usually play in FreeBSD world )
for a while but this is mt MailScanner -v

Linux in1-b.mx.mail-launder.com 2.6.27-11-server #1 SMP Thu Jan 29
20:13:12 UTC 2009 x86_64 GNU/Linux
This is Perl version 5.010000 (5.10.0)

This is MailScanner version 4.74.16
Module versions are:
1.00	AnyDBM_File
1.18	Archive::Zip
0.22	bignum
1.08	Carp
2.011	Compress::Zlib
1.119 	Convert::BinHex
0.17	Convert::TNEF
2.121_14	Data::Dumper
2.27	Date::Parse
1.01	DirHandle
1.06	Fcntl
2.76	File::Basename
2.11	File::Copy
2.01	FileHandle
2.04	File::Path
0.18	File::Temp
0.92	Filesys::Df
1.35	HTML::Entities
3.56	HTML::Parser
2.37	HTML::TokeParser
1.23_01	IO
1.14	IO::File
1.13	IO::Pipe
2.03	Mail::Header
1.88	Math::BigInt
0.21	Math::BigRat
3.07_01	MIME::Base64
5.426	MIME::Decoder
5.426	MIME::Decoder::UU
5.426	MIME::Head
5.426	MIME::Parser
3.07	MIME::QuotedPrint
5.426	MIME::Tools
0.11	Net::CIDR
1.25	Net::IP
0.16	OLE::Storage_Lite
1.04	Pod::Escapes
3.07	Pod::Simple
1.13	POSIX
1.19	Scalar::Util
1.80	Socket
2.18	Storable
1.4	Sys::Hostname::Long
0.26	Sys::Syslog
1.26	Test::Pod
0.8	Test::Simple
1.9711	Time::HiRes
1.02	Time::localtime

Optional module versions are:
1.38	Archive::Tar
0.22	bignum
missing	Business::ISBN
missing	Business::ISBN::Data
missing	Data::Dump
1.816_1	DB_File
1.14	DBD::SQLite
1.605	DBI
1.15	Digest
1.01	Digest::HMAC
2.36_01	Digest::MD5
2.11	Digest::SHA1
missing	Encode::Detect
0.17010	Error
0.21	ExtUtils::CBuilder
2.18_02	ExtUtils::ParseXS
2.37	Getopt::Long
missing	Inline
missing	IO::String
1.09	IO::Zlib
missing	IP::Country
missing	Mail::ClamAV
3.002005	Mail::SpamAssassin
v2.006	Mail::SPF
1.999001	Mail::SPF::Query
0.280801	Module::Build
0.20	Net::CIDR::Lite
0.63	Net::DNS
missing	Net::DNS::Resolver::Programmable
missing	Net::LDAP
  4.007	NetAddr::IP
missing	Parse::RecDescent
missing	SAVI
2.64	Test::Harness
missing	Test::Manifest
2.0.0	Text::Balanced
1.35	URI
0.74	version
missing	YAML

Don't think there is any thing else special about this box, it's just
a bog standard Ubuntu 8.10 server install, with as much as possible
installed via apt and running the latest stable release. I've not got
to the clever stuff yet ;-)

Not being a perl gruru and certainly not with Jules' fine work, I am
now at the "help" stage :-)

Drew

--
In line with our policy, this message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous
content by our Mail Launder system www.mail-launder.com

Trunk Networks Limited is registered in Scotland with registration number: 351063
Registered Office 55-57 West High Street Inverurie AB51 3QQ