Archive Mail format

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Mar 2 14:47:57 GMT 2009

Take a look at this setting:

# When you quarantine an entire message, do you want to store it as
# raw mail queue files (so you can easily send them onto users) or
# as human-readable files (header then body in 1 file)?
Quarantine Whole Messages As Queue Files = no

You presumably currently have that set to 'yes' as you are getting queue
files. Switch it to 'no' and see if you prefer the output form.

On 2/3/09 14:33, Jason Voorhees wrote:
> Hi there:
>
> I'm using Archiving feature of MailScanner 4.74.16-1 with this setting:
>
> Archive Mail =  %rules-dir%/mail.archiving.rules
>
> The content of mail.archiving.rules is:
>
> To:             *@computerdoctor.com.pe
> /var/spool/MailScanner/archive/_TOUSER_/Received
> From:         *@computerdoctor.com.pe
> /var/spool/MailScanner/archive/_FROMUSER_/Sent
>
> MailScanner stores mail OK, I can browse e-mail classified by each
> user but there are some things about this that I'm not really sure:
>
> 1. MailScanner isn't supposed to archive every mail in Mbox format?
> Every archived mai it doesn't seem like a mbox message, the "file"
> command says the email message is only "data", and the content hasn't
> the order of a real e-mail message.
> Am I doing something wrong in my settings? How can I store email in
> mbox format o something legible?
>
> 2. Every archived mail is named as a queue file, something like
> 68CB2B4D2C2.1F599. Is it possible to define the way MS names its
> archived mails? Maybe something numerically sequential.
>
> Any help will be really appreciated, thanks

Jules

- --
Julian Field MEng CITP CEng

Need help customising MailScanner?