New Server, same old problem

Alden Levy alden at engineno9inc.com
Mon Mar 2 03:00:05 GMT 2009

Alex Neuman alex at rtpty.com
Mon Mar 2 01:16:26 GMT 2009

>You probably didn't remove the "listen only on localhost" line common to
>most CentOS/RedHat systems. You probably don't remember doing it on the old
>system. Look for:
>
>dnl # The following causes sendmail to only listen on the IPv4 loopback
>address
>dnl # 127.0.0.1 and not on any other network devices. Remove the loopback
>dnl # address restriction to accept email from the internet or intranet.
>dnl #
>DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtp, Addr=127.0.0.1, Name=MTA')dnl
>
>Remove "Addr=127.0.0.1, " from that line and sendmail should listen on all
>interfaces.

Kai,
AUTH seems to be set up correctly, as I can run sendmail without MailScanner
and I can send and receive.

Alex,
I don't have this option, and sendmail does work.

Is it possible that:
A) My MailScanner_app_init is wrong?  I believe this happened to me once
before.
B) MS is picking up a different sendmail.cf or doing something to it that it
doesn't "like"?  I'd be surprised, but I'm kind of grasping at straws if the
above isn't an issue.

The relevant (to me!) sections of MailScanner are:
 from StartinSendmail:
     elif [ $MTA = 'sendmail' ]; then
        /usr/bin/newaliases > /dev/null 2>&1
        if test -x /usr/bin/make -a -f /etc/mail/Makefile ; then
            make -C /etc/mail -s
        else
            for i in virtusertable access domaintable mailertable ; do
                if [ -f /etc/mail/$i ] ; then
                    makemap hash /etc/mail/$i < /etc/mail/$i
                fi
            done
        fi
        $SENDMAIL -bd -OPrivacyOptions=noetrn \
                      -ODeliveryMode=queueonly \
                      -OQueueDirectory=$INQDIR \
                      -OPidFile=$INPID
        touch /var/run/sm-client.pid
        chown $MSPUSER:$MSPGROUP /var/run/sm-client.pid 2>/dev/null
        $SENDMAIL -L sm-msp-queue -Ac -q15m -OPidFile=$SMPID 2>/dev/null
        success
        echo

>From StartOutSendmail:
      elif [ $MTA = 'sendmail' ]; then
        $SENDMAIL $([ -n "$QUEUETIME" ] && echo -q$QUEUETIME) \
                  -OPidFile=$OUTPID
        success
        echo

The only other thing I've changed from my old servers is that I know use
clamd instead of clamav.  Is it possible this is all due to a permissions
issue? Or, perhaps my  MS.conf settings are off?

--Alden