New Server, same old problem

Alex Neuman alex at rtpty.com
Mon Mar 2 01:16:26 GMT 2009

You probably didn't remove the "listen only on localhost" line common to
most CentOS/RedHat systems. You probably don't remember doing it on the old
system. Look for:

dnl # The following causes sendmail to only listen on the IPv4 loopback
address
dnl # 127.0.0.1 and not on any other network devices. Remove the loopback
dnl # address restriction to accept email from the internet or intranet.
dnl #
DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtp, Addr=127.0.0.1, Name=MTA')dnl

Remove "Addr=127.0.0.1, " from that line and sendmail should listen on all
interfaces.

Alex Neuman van der Hans
Reliant Technologies
+507 6781-9505