Issues with DWF Autocad files...

Philip Butler butler at globeserver.com
Sun Mar 1 14:33:02 GMT 2009

Hi all,

I am having an issue with some Autocad (.DWF) files.  It seems that
these files are basically a zip type format with some .tmp files
within.  I have had one person tell me that the .tmp sub-files are
font caches or something.

I have tried adding .dwf to the filetype rules to allow, but MS still
unzips and finds the .tmp files.  I can remove the .tmp line from the
filename.rules.conf file and MS will then allow the message to pass,
but it's obvious that this is not an optimal solution.

Is there a way to unconditionally allow .dwf files and stop scanning
within for the filename rules ??  It would be nice if it would still
scan for viruses, but to nix the filetype rules.

I have searched the net and MS list archives and haven't found
anything that pops out at me.  That's not to say this hasn't been
answered before - I just haven't found it.

Thanks,

Phil