ERROR: The "envelope_sender_header" in your spam.assassin.prefs.conf

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Jun 22 21:11:28 IST 2009

On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 02:10:51PM -0400, Gerry Maddock wrote:

> Hey all, I ran a search of my current problem on google and found some
> answers, but none have worked for me & I'm hoping you can help.
> I just installed MailScanner on a Fedora 11 sys using postfix. When I run
> MailScanner --lint on that system I get:
> root at timmy ~]# MailScanner --lint
> Trying to setlogsock(unix)
> Read 855 hostnames from the phishing whitelist
> Read 10091 hostnames from the phishing blacklists
> Checking version numbers...
> Version number in MailScanner.conf (4.77.10) is correct.
> Your setting "Mail Header" contains illegal characters.
> This is most likely caused by your "%org-name%" setting
> which must not contain any spaces, "." or "_" characters
> as these are known to cause problems with many mail systems.
> ERROR: The "envelope_sender_header" in your spam.assassin.prefs.conf
> ERROR: is not correct, it should match
> X-timmy.futuremetals.com-MailScanner-From

You posted a lot of stuff below, but I don't see what you have for

Mail Header

in MailScanner.conf, nor do I see what you have for

envelope_sender_header

in spam.assassin.prefs.conf. If you set

%org-name% = FMI

in Mailscanner.conf and still get the first error, look at "Mail Header".
Also you'd need to set

envelope_sender_header X-TMI-MailScanner-From

in spam.assassin.prefs.conf.

--
Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro net       The highway is for gamblers,