Mailscanner & redirected mail

Devon Harding devonharding at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 21:32:41 IST 2009

On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 1:01 PM, Devon Harding <devonharding at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 11:20 AM, Steve Freegard <steve.freegard at fsl.com>wrote:
>
>> Devon Harding wrote:
>> > Ok, here's my dilemma.  My ISP has blocked port 25 on my connection, so
>> > I'm forced to have my DNS provider (EasyDNS) redirect all my email to
>> > port 2525.  This works fine, the only problem now is I'm seeing an
>> > influx of SPAM which I believe is because MailScanner is seeing EasyDNS
>> > as a safe sender & not processing any rules based on IP Address.  How do
>> > I get MailScanner disregard the IP address from EasyDNS and process the
>> > next hop?  I guess something like X-Forwarded-For for SMTP.
>>
>> >From the changlog of the latest 4.77 release:
>>
>> "Read IP Address From Received Header" has been extended, so it will now
>> take a number instead of yes or no. "yes"=1 and "no"=0. If it is set to
>> "yes" or a number, then the SMTP client IP address is taken from the
>> "Received:" header. For example, setting it to 2 will cause the IP
>> address to be taken from the 2nd Received: header.
>>
>> That should do what you need.  You'll also need to set SA's
>> trusted_networks otherwise it will be less accurate when it does network
>> checks.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Steve.
>> --
>>

> Steve, that is EXACTLY what I'm looking for.  I'll test it out and post the
> results.
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Devon

Ok, this seems to be getting
the correct IP after setting it to 2 (A little less SPAM now).  What
I'm noticing though is that setting doesn't seem to apply to the
"RCVD_IN_DNSWL_LOW"
rule, which has a score of -1.  Do I have to make a change in SA?  Where is
the setting for trusted_networks in SA?
-Devon