New feature - hostname lookups in rulesets

Mike M mrm at quantumcc.com
Tue Jun 2 17:59:51 IST 2009

Julian Field wrote:

> On 31/05/2009 20:41, Alex Neuman wrote:
>> Wow! This means we can whitelist (gasp!) *blackberry.com
>> <http://blackberry.com> and things like that!
> You'll just need to do
>      From: host:blackberry.com yes
> which will do the job.
>> I suggest you add to the description on the comments on the
>> MailScanner.conf file that it's imperative - for performance reasons,
>> besides the fact that it's A Good Idea (tm), that people run their own
>> local caching nameserver.
> True enough, I should do that.

Please forgive my ignorance on this, because I'm sure there's something
really simple that I'm missing, but how is this any different then
whitelisting blackberry.com with a line such as:

from:	@blackberry.com	yes

which I have been doing for many years in my spam.whitelist.rules file?
There's got to be something I'm not getting about this new feature.

Mike