Spamassassin timeouts

Jules Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu Jul 23 17:35:26 IST 2009

On 23/07/2009 15:31, Jonas A. Larsen wrote:

> I actualy traced it down to all the timeouts happening around 05:00.
>
> That is when the mysql backup runs, so I think it must be some some
> sort of mysql being unavailable while the backup runs.

What other cron jobs happen on your system around then? Such as all the
ones in /etc/cron.daily? (Your /etc/crontab will tell you when those get
run). It may be that is when the sa-rebuild happens, which is when it
cleans up the Bayes database and removes all the old tokens from it.
This makes Bayes unavailable for quite a while. Look for "Bayes" in
MailScanner.conf and you will find there are some configuration options
to alter this behaviour.

Jules

--
Julian Field MEng CITP CEng