message size

Alex Neuman van der Hans alex at rtpty.com
Thu Jul 23 16:07:03 IST 2009

Then the message never passed through your server, so it's not your
problem - it's someone else's.

Otherwise there absolutely HAS to be a log entry, even if the log
entry says "received the message and blocked it" or "refused to
receive the message".

To test this, create a test gmail account with something that can't be
guessed - like "marcoistestinghisemail at gmail.com", and send yourself a
3mb message. Not only will you get a nice bounce back from gmail (if
it's being bounced at the MTA level, so postfix settings have to be
changed), but if the message is actually received you can grep your
logs for "marcoistestinghisemail" and find out what happened.

Remember... No log entries = never made it to your server = problem is
upstream.