Linux Anti-Virus Scanner

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Sun Jul 19 21:16:14 IST 2009

2009/7/18 Alex Broens <ms-list at alexb.ch>:
> On 7/18/2009 12:37 PM, --[ UxBoD ]-- wrote:
>>
>> ----- "Alex Broens" <ms-list at alexb.ch> wrote:

>>> included their own signatures plus Kasperksy ... Which scanner was
>>> that please ?

>>> iirc, Avira is the one.
>>> --
>>
>> Thanks Alex ... If anybody is using it please provide some thoughts ?
>> Currently debating whether to go for NOD32 or Avira.
>
> I have both on clients'/friends' Windows servers/desktop, either one of the
> other..
>
> *Was* a big Nod32 fan but their detection rates go up and down too often for
> my liking.
>
> Avira has been consistently good over the last +2 years.
Note that Avira had a pretty big bug a few months back, that took them
a rather too long while to fix... Other than that, I've been satisfied
with them for more than 4 years, mostly on relatives wintel boxes,
since I know some of them would have opted for no AV... so free-av was
a better choice. For the last two months I've gone AVG for them
instead.

Cheers
--
-- Glenn