Sender Address Verification

Brent Addis brent.addis at spit.gen.nz
Tue Jul 14 05:46:52 IST 2009

wow. small text. My eyyyes...

Wouldn't enabling SPF on hosted domains help with this?

That way, sender verification is only checking on email sent from your
own valid mailservers anyway, saving your precious cpu load. We were
getting several thousand sender lookups a day from various sources. We
enabled spf with the -all (It had been ~all while we were testng)  flag,
and that dropped down to a couple of hundred, generally to valid
addresses, which I have no problem with.