Spam but no randomly no Spam Report

Steve Freegard steve.freegard at fsl.com
Tue Jul 7 10:01:52 IST 2009

Gary Faith wrote:

> I chose this message and this is the pertinent part of the details page:
>
> ID:	n670LtUA030706
> SpamAssassin Score:	1.05
> Spam Report:	spam, SORBS-RECENT
>
> When I look at the mysql database, I see a sascore of 1.05 and spamreport show: spam, SORBS-RECENT.  (Just confirming what mailwatch shows.)  What I think is missing in the spamreport field is the reason(s) for the sascore of 1.05!

It sounds like a hit on the 'Spam Lists' causes the existing $spamreport
variable to be either overwritten (thus loosing the data from SA) or
when SA runs it is not adding to the existing $spamreport value.

Turn off the 'Spam Lists' feature and see what happens.  As you appear
to have 'Check SpamAssassin If On Spam List = yes' there is little
benefit in using this feature anyway as SA is more efficient at this; it
queries RBLs in parallel.  If you trust SORBS to mark your mail as spam;
then simply increase the equivalent SA score.

Regards,
Steve.