Suggestions to block big spam messages

Jethro R Binks jethro.binks at strath.ac.uk
Wed Jan 28 14:31:10 GMT 2009

On Wed, 28 Jan 2009, Jethro R Binks wrote:

> On Wed, 28 Jan 2009, Jason Voorhees wrote:
>
> > By now I only detected that all those spam messages come always from
> > *.info domains, so I included *.info in my MailScanner blacklist because
> > I never receive valid messages from those domains.
>
> I wonder how you receive messages from this list.

In case my point isn't clear, yes I can see he is sending from a Gmail
address, but what if one of the clients he is providing service for wants
to receive mail from the list.  Or he doesn't want to use his Gmail
address any more for this list.

The point being, of course, that blocking top level domains in their
entirity usually backfires sooner or later, and you have to maintain
exceptions.

Jethro.

--
Jethro R Binks