WARNING: Ignoring deprecated option --unzip

Steve Freegard steve.freegard at fsl.com
Tue Jan 27 10:02:12 GMT 2009

Simon Jones wrote:
> I'm tending to lean more towards the mysql db being responsible but
> I'm still looking in to it.  I have a 4gb mailscanner table which is
> rather fat I feel, the db server is a quad oppy with 10gb of ram so it
> has plenty of horses to play with and isn't paging (yep been there
> before too...) the gateways also cache mysql lookups and I've reduced
> the amount of stuff it stores in past tweaking but same past
> experience tells me that slow db access has the same symptoms of that
> of dns trouble.  Given the dns is and has been working fine I think it
> has to be something going on with db access.

I don't see how a MailWatch database can affect the performance of your
incoming Postfix; especially when the database is on a separate server.

Also the size of the database has nothing to do with query speed
provided indexed queries are used...

You should follow my advice and restart with 'Log Speed = yes' before
this reoccurs as it will allow you to see how long each batch is taking
and work out what is causing the slowness.   Also; when this does
reoccur - the output of 'ps axf | grep -i mailscanner' would also help
to pinpoint where things are getting stuck.

Kind regards,
Steve.