Email causing MailScanner to go defunct.

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Fri Jan 23 14:12:21 GMT 2009

Glenn Steen wrote on Fri, 23 Jan 2009 14:34:54 +0100:

> Look at the setting "Max Spam Check Size", and the comment above it.
> This is actually quite normal, it seems to me;-). If it bothers you,
> up the limit a bit and see what happens.

I don't see where it says "won't scan at all". However, the error message
implies that: "too big for spam checks". I would have *never* assumed that
such a message gets not scanned *at all*. I expect that for such a message
the first x bytes are handed over to SA. Like it is done with procmail.
So, what's correct? Is it skipped or not?

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany