Sanesecurity is back online

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu Jan 22 17:21:55 GMT 2009

On 22/1/09 17:03, Mark Nienberg wrote:
> Julian Field wrote:
>> Why not just use both? Anyone know where sanesecurity are getting
>> their data from?
>> I am now using both and will continue to do so until I hear a good
>> reason not to :-)
>>
>> Jules
>>

> From the changes page at http://www.sanesecurity.com/clamav/changes.pdf
>
> spear.ndb: email spears/phishing, converted from
> http://code.google.com/p/antiphishing-email-reply/
Can't argue with that. :-)
However, it is doing no harm and they are still working on the download
script anyway, so hopefully it will become trivial to knock out the
spear.ndb file from the download. On my systems, as I run clamd through
BarricadeMX, it actually costs me less resources to have spear.ndb in
place to knock out some mail so that SpamAssassin doesn't have to
process the message at all. But it's not as good for my stats, so I'll
pay for the extra load ;-)

Jules

--
Julian Field MEng CITP CEng