Blacklisting from URIBL

Alex Broens ms-list at alexb.ch
Mon Jan 19 09:18:52 GMT 2009

On 1/19/2009 10:06 AM, Raymond Dijkxhoorn wrote:
> Hi!
>
>> Frankly, if the SA site say otherwise about the uribl_black, in my
>> experience they are plain wrong.
>>
>> You can read about the uribl lists here:
>>
>> http://uribl.com/about.shtml
>
> I know all about URIBL, no need to explain. ;)
>
> The PF rating is soemthing that is there, and its there due to a reason.
> Some pople on this list (Hey! Alex!) can perhaps explain you.

Rejecting with URIBL.com's data is risky, it may work for you, not for
others. Its not advised, supported, etc.. its up to you.

> For example, and i dont say this is good or bad, dont get me wrong,
> URIBL is listing all .ru abused sites. If you are inside .ru this is the
> same as blocking ebay.com or alike. If you can live with that fine. But
> please do not state its causing no FP's at all.

??????

URIBL.com is listing *.abused-dom.ru, not the domain itself.
If oyu have samples where this is not the case, pls let "them" know :-)

> You might be submitting a lot of items there, and thats nice, but i know
> my way around in URI land also ...
Somehow your name sounds familiar...  muaaaaaaaa

Alex