Anti-spear-phishing, round 2

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue Jan 13 17:45:34 GMT 2009

For anyone who is interested in my script, and the background to it, but
who is not on this list, please note that I have published it on my
personal website at

http://www.jules.fm/Logbook/files/anti-spear-phishing.html

That includes a link to the latest version of the script.

If someone wants to mail me (off-list) a brief guide to how to use the
sa-update channel corresponding to the core file grabbed from the
google-hosted project, I'll add it to the article. Noting however, that
this route doesn't provide you with an easy means of adding addresses to it.

Cheers,
Jules.

On 13/1/09 16:12, Drew Marshall wrote:
> On 13 Jan 2009, at 08:47, Julian Field wrote:
>
>> Upgrade to the latest version, I have fixed this problem already.
>>
>> Please confirm that upgrading does indeed fix the problem for you,
>> but I have just tried your exact rule and it worked just fine for me,
>> and I have just upgraded to the latest too.
>>
>> My guess would be that you have a version before 4.74.8?
>
> Guilty as charged! I hadn't realised it was quite that old. Any way,
> upgraded to the latest and all is happy again. I have also made (Not
> quite JP style but I can hack code to make it work!) a new FreeBSD
> Port Makefile for the latest version, which I'll post separately for
> any one who is interested.
>
> Drew
>
> --
> In line with our policy, this message has been scanned for viruses and
> dangerouscontent by Technology Tiger's Mail Launder system
> <www.mail-launder.com>
> Our email policy can be found at www.technologytiger.net/policy
>
> Technology Tiger Limited is registered in Scotland with registration
> number: 310997
> Registered Office 55-57 West High Street Inverurie AB51 3QQ

Jules

--
Julian Field MEng CITP CEng

Contact me at Jules at Jules.FM