General Thankyou (still diagnosing fault)

Jerry gesbbb at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 13 13:27:20 GMT 2009

On Tue, 13 Jan 2009 09:09:17 -0000
"Anthony Cartmell" <ajcartmell at fonant.com> wrote:

[snip]

>It has amused me for many months how this mailing list, populated by
>e-mail experts, manages to generate such huge
>quote-everything-in-the-reply-to-the-reply-to-the-reply messages. I
>sometimes find myself scrolling through pages and pages of
>quoted-five-times content before I reach the actual message!

Not just this list either. Many of the lists that I subscribe to are
populated by users, who while knowledgeable about the subject they are
responding to, display poor posting etiquette and posting skills.

With the huge number of sites displaying such information, I find it
rather odd myself.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top-post
http://groups.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=12348&topic=250