Anti-spear-phishing, round 2

Guy Story KC5GOI kc5goi at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 21:49:30 GMT 2009

Thanks Denis.  That is the way I read Jules script but it was not sinking
in.  I have not had any matches in the whole hour that has passed since I
put it in place.  That may be normal.  I will be watching my inbox since I
have the notifications pointing to me.

On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 3:28 PM, Denis Beauchemin <
Denis.Beauchemin at usherbrooke.ca> wrote:

> Guy Story KC5GOI a écrit :
>
>> Jule, I apologize for being blind today.  I downloaded the script, made it
>> executable, put in my desired address in the file.  I ran the script
>> verified the presence but what I am being blind to is where to tell
>> SpamAssassin to look for the file so it can filter out that crap.  I do not
>> have a SpamAssassin Rule Actions entry in my MailScanner.conf.  I am on
>> 4.58.9 so David's question is one I have as well.
>>
>> Thanks for the good work.
>>
>> Guy Story KC5GOI
>> kc5goi at gmail.com <mailto:kc5goi at gmail.com>
>>

> Guy,
>
> If you run the script as-is, you don't have to do anything for it to kick
> into action (as it creates a cf file in /etc/mail/spamassassin).  It will
> default to an SA score of 4 and you should see hits for JKF_ANTI_PHISH in
> your maillog.  That's what I did and I made sure SA is using it with the
> following command:
> spamassassin --lint -D 2>&1 | grep jkf
> [26088] dbg: config: read file /etc/mail/spamassassin/
> jkf.anti-spear-phishing.cf
>
> So far, though, I haven't had any hits in about 4 hours.
>
> Denis
>
> --
>  _
>  °v°   Denis Beauchemin, analyste
> /(_)\  Université de Sherbrooke, S.T.I.
>  ^ ^   T: 819.821.8000x62252 F: 819.821.8045

73

Guy Story KC5GOI
kc5goi at gmail.com