Anti-spear-phishing, round 2

Denis Beauchemin Denis.Beauchemin at USherbrooke.ca
Thu Jan 8 21:28:51 GMT 2009

Guy Story KC5GOI a écrit :
> Jule, I apologize for being blind today.  I downloaded the script,
> made it executable, put in my desired address in the file.  I ran the
> script verified the presence but what I am being blind to is where to
> tell SpamAssassin to look for the file so it can filter out that crap.
>  I do not have a SpamAssassin Rule Actions entry in my
> MailScanner.conf.  I am on 4.58.9 so David's question is one I have as
> well.
>
> Thanks for the good work.
>
> Guy Story KC5GOI
> kc5goi at gmail.com <mailto:kc5goi at gmail.com>

Guy,

If you run the script as-is, you don't have to do anything for it to
kick into action (as it creates a cf file in /etc/mail/spamassassin).
It will default to an SA score of 4 and you should see hits for
JKF_ANTI_PHISH in your maillog.  That's what I did and I made sure SA is
using it with the following command:
spamassassin --lint -D 2>&1 | grep jkf
[26088] dbg: config: read file
/etc/mail/spamassassin/jkf.anti-spear-phishing.cf

So far, though, I haven't had any hits in about 4 hours.

Denis

--
   _
  °v°   Denis Beauchemin, analyste