Upgrade fron 4.61.7 to 4.74.13-2

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Thu Jan 8 14:38:24 GMT 2009

Dave Filchak wrote on Thu, 08 Jan 2009 09:27:35 -0500:

> In /var/lib/spamassassin/3.002005/updates_spamassassin_org there are
> many of the rule files.

Good.

There is also another bunch at
> /var/lib/spamassassin/3.001001/updates_spamassassin_org, which is from
> the previous version. Can I just delete this older directory?

Yes.

When I

which rules? Are you the same person as "submit at zuka.net"?

> As far as the permissions problem goes, I am using Postfix and
> MailScanner is running as user Postfix but isn't it trying to access the
> usr_prefs in the root home directory?

Not if the error comes from starting the service.

I never did that before I don't
> thing as I believe we were using local.cf for site wide prefs?

All files in /etc/mail/spammassassin are used for SA configuration. And
there should be a symlink to /etc/MailScanner/spamassassin.prefs.conf.
Compare the two for duplicates.

Also, there a very good tutorial for postfix+MailScanner on the MS
documentation site. Read it and follow it. If there are still permission
errors in yourt config you should find them this way!

You did run the update_mailscanner_conf script after upgrading, did you?

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany