After upgrade to MS 4.74 mails are stuck in queue.

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Jan 7 18:15:32 GMT 2009

On 7/1/09 18:05, Kai Schaetzl wrote:
> Memmas wrote on Wed, 07 Jan 2009 19:53:29 +0200:
>

>> 'MailScanner --debug' still stuck, Should I worry about it?
>>

> If I recall correctly, you have to stop the MailScanner daemon, put
> something in the queue and then start MailScanner --debug. If there is
> nothing to scan it may well appear to be stuck with --debug.
Correct. It will sit and wait for some mail to come in, but if you have
done a "service MailScanner stop" then no mail will come in.
>   I think
> Julian recently added an option to specify a different queue directory.

Run "MailScanner --help" to see all the command-line options.
> With that you could keep MS running and debug at the same time.
> If mail flows and everything seems to be fine what you see with
> MailScanner --debug is just to be expected I'd say.

You can run "service MailScanner startin" which starts up the MTA
(postfix/sendmail/whatever) so that mail can come in, then run
"MailScanner --debug" to process 1 batch of incoming mail and then stop.
Once everything is working happily, just do "service MailScanner
restart" to start up everything normally.

Jules

--
Julian Field MEng CITP CEng

Contact me at Jules at Jules.FM