Spamassassin timeouts - Just an observation

Nigel Kendrick support-lists at petdoctors.co.uk
Mon Jan 5 11:59:14 GMT 2009

I'm also coming in a bit late on this one, but I too noticed recently that
my mail servers were experiencing more timeouts and were eating up a lot of
CPU time and RAM, so that swapping had shot up.

When I had a look at the issue, I noticed (in htop) that all the MailScanner
processes were waiting for Spamassassin almost all the time and when I dug
further, I found that ORDB had turned up again in MailScanner.conf.

Now, I am pretty sure I removed ORDB from 'Spam list' on all my servers when
it went offline, so is there any chance an update put it back in and then,
more recently, ORDB has just stopped responding (rather thap FPing
everything)?

If the above is not the case then I am just going completely mad - but at
least MailScanner is behaving again.