Extracting Attachments

Ken A ka at pacific.net
Tue Feb 17 22:31:45 GMT 2009

Mark Wold wrote:
> I have a client that wants to email me PDF files so that I can convert them
> to TIFF images and then forward them along. They want the process to work
> 24/7. So instead of having a user who's job it is to grab the attachments
> and perform the work, I would like to see if I can get MailScanner to watch
> for emails coming into a specific user, extract and store the attachments to
> a predefined directory in the system, and then move on to other messages. I
> can easily then takes the PDF and perform the conversions and forward it on.
>
> Does anyone know if I can do this extracting with MailScanner?
>
> Thanks,
> Mark

You can do this with a Custom Function.
See /usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/CustomFunctions
and see /usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/Message.pm (location on my
system may be different than yours)

MailScanner does this currently with word docs for example:
Message.pm: my @docfiles =
MailScanner::Antiword::FindDocFiles($this->{entity});

So it should be doable!

Ken