phishing sites: local and remote

David Lee t.d.lee at durham.ac.uk
Sat Feb 14 16:16:18 GMT 2009

On Tue, 10 Feb 2009, Julian Field wrote:

> Are lots of other people seeing this sort of attack?
> If so, is it worth my while doing something about it?
> I'm not going to start coding for 1 site (sorry David), but if plenty of
> people are seeing this then I could possibly do something.

Understood.  Thanks for the consideration.  It is, at present, minor.

Two other things (earlier threads) are much higher up the MS wish-list:

o  thread "Anti-spear-phishing sa-update channel"; sub-thread about MS
    installation (on Centos etc., at least) putting as much in place as
    reasonably possible (scripts, cron jobs) to reduce end-user stuff as
    much as reasonably possible

o  crash-resilience (the discussion about MS/perl segfaulting etc; and
    avoiding its side-effects by (perhaps) a lightweight database of email
    actively being processed etc.)

If you go ahead, I'm happy to try to beta-test them.

All the best.

:  Senior Systems Programmer                Computer Centre       :
:  UNIX Team Leader                         Durham University     :
:                                           South Road            :
:  http://www.dur.ac.uk/t.d.lee/            Durham DH1 3LE        :