CentOS - Removed perl-IO due to bug in updating via 'yum'

Anthony Cartmell ajcartmell at fonant.com
Fri Feb 13 08:04:13 GMT 2009

> Can anyone help me reinstall perl-IO now I think perl has been updated?

On FC10 I used "rpm -e --nodeps perl-IO" for this and other dependency
problems, then yum update, then re-install MailScanner just in case it
still wants to add to the provided perl modules.

Works fine. I just need to remember that if yum wants to update any perl
modules I'll need to keep an eye on it and possibly repeat the above. I
don't let yum run automatically.

The advantage of this method is that I'm always running standard FC10 perl
modules, with MailScanner "on top". So much less likely to break other
FC10 perl requirements.

Cheers!

Anthony
--