Mailscanner logging to syslog, only partial to mail.log, driving me nuts

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Tue Feb 10 11:31:14 GMT 2009

Greg Deputy wrote on Mon, 9 Feb 2009 15:19:30 -0800:

> Why is MailScanner sending spamassassin
> result messages to local3.info instead of mail.info?

This is not what you claimed, AFAIK. You said that you get no MailScanner
messages to mail.log. Is that *really* the case or is it only the sa
scores that you are missing? For me that's quite a big difference.

> Is there a tag for mailscanner that
> I need to add to syslog.conf to get those where I want them?

You can set the log facility in MS. I don't know if that applies to SA
scores, I do not log SA scores. You do realize that your syslog.conf
creates a lot of additional logging for mail, even to the xonsole? Just
grep mail from the file to see what I mean.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany