debugging Spammassassin

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 14:23:49 GMT 2009

2009/2/3 Steve Freegard <steve.freegard at fsl.com>:
> Hi Martin,
>
> Martin Hepworth wrote:
>> [5464] dbg: dns: checking RBL zen.spamhaus.org., set zen-lastexternal
>> [5464] dbg: dns: checking RBL zen.spamhaus.org., set zen-lastexternal
>> [5464] dbg: dns: checking RBL zen.spamhaus.org., set zen
>>
>> could be you're overdoing the free spamhaus acceptable use and they
>> are slowing you down.
>
> Spamhaus don't throttle connections - they just return NXDOMAIN results
> for everything, so I doubt it's that.
>
> Cheers,
> Steve.
Since Ron now is down to more reasonable batch times and only had 5
logged timeouts... I'd suspect that to be expiry (in which case he'd
see some expire files from the "interrupted" runs), or just ... plain
big things that take more than 85 seconds to digest (for SA, provided
the "max send to sa" thing has been raised). I'd recommend to up the
MS SA timeout to at least 200-300 seconds and see what happens.

Cheers
--
-- Glenn