debugging Spammassassin

Martin Hepworth maxsec at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 11:51:11 GMT 2009

Ron

I note from you debug run above..

[5464] dbg: dns: checking RBL sa-other.bondedsender.org., set
bsp-untrusted
[5464] dbg: dns: checking RBL plus.bondedsender.org., set
ssc-firsttrusted
[5464] dbg: dns: checking RBL combined.njabl.org., set njabl
[5464] dbg: dns: checking RBL bl.spamcop.net., set spamcop
[5464] dbg: dns: checking RBL dob.sibl.support-intelligence.net., set
dob
[5464] dbg: dns: checking RBL zen.spamhaus.org., set zen-lastexternal
[5464] dbg: dns: checking RBL dnsbl.sorbs.net., set sorbs-lastexternal
[5464] dbg: dns: checking RBL dnsbl.sorbs.net., set sorbs
[5464] dbg: dns: checking RBL zen.spamhaus.org., set zen-lastexternal
[5464] dbg: dns: checking RBL list.dnswl.org., set dnswl-firsttrusted
[5464] dbg: dns: checking RBL sa-accredit.habeas.com., set
habeas-firsttrusted
[5464] dbg: dns: checking RBL list.dsbl.org., set dsbl-lastexternal
[5464] dbg: dns: checking RBL sa-trusted.bondedsender.org., set
bsp-firsttrusted
[5464] dbg: dns: checking RBL zen.spamhaus.org., set zen
[5464] dbg: dns: checking RBL iadb.isipp.com., set iadb-firsttrusted

could be you're overdoing the free spamhaus acceptable use and they
are slowing you down. Also 85 isn't that big for the timeout - mines
200.

--
Martin Hepworth
Oxford, UK