Disable MCP notifications for High Spam

Dave Jones davejones70 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 13:04:33 GMT 2009

>If you can, re-implement your MCP filtering with "SpamAssassin Rule
>Actions". It gives you much more precise control over what happens to
>the mail, and will run a lot faster too.

>On 31/1/09 11:56, Dave Jones wrote:
>> Does anyone have any ideas how the MCP notifications can be disabled
>> for High Scoring Spam?  The High Spam is getting caught and deleted
>> but when it also hits the MCP threshold, the user is getting the
>> recipient.mcp.report.txt notification.  There are lots of High Spam
>> that will hit common profanity checks in MCP.
>>
>> I found a thread in the maillist archives on "MCP/SPAM Actions" saying
>> that delete is the last action taken so the MCP notify takes
>> precedence.   However, I was wondering if there are some recent
>> feature additions that will allow me to override this now.
>>
>> High Scoring Spam Actions = delete
>> MCP Actions = store notify
>> High Scoring MCP Actions = store notify
>>

>Jules

If I have 100 or so MCP SA rules, then do I have to create a rule line
for each one or is there a way to match all of them if they start with
something unique like "PROFANITY_IN_".  Can I use "PROFANITY_IN_*" so
it will pick up new rules as I add them or do I have to specify the
full rule name?

So how would I setup the notification rules so that it would use the
same MCP recipient.mcp.report.txt?

And I guess whitelisting some users from the profanity checks is as
simple as "not-notify".

--
Dave Jones