Kaspersky Daemon script

Jeff Mills jeff.mills at sydneytech.com.au
Mon Dec 7 23:56:30 GMT 2009

Is anyone using any of the current versions of Kaspersky as a daemon
with MailScanner?

We've recently started using Kaspersky on clients and I would like to
use our license with MailScanner too.

I have downloaded the latest version and managed to get kavmd running on
my machines, but I can't find a KavDaemonClient in the install.

Obviously using the standard Kaspersky antivirus install was very slow
scanning mail because it had to read the databases each time, so I would
like to get a daemon going the way clamd works.

Is anyone using this with the newer versions of Kaspersky?