Perl install problem

Jonas Lilja jonas.lilja at sigma.se
Mon Dec 7 14:52:41 GMT 2009

Hi, I've big problems with MailScanner installation. I run install.sh on a Fedora 8 and MS 4.78 (latest). Before I started the install-scipt I ensured that Perl was completely removed from the machine (rpm -q perl says "package perl is not installed"). This is the output when the install-script tries to build Perl-modules:

Please help

Jonas Lilja, Sweden

Setting Perl5 search path

./install.sh: ./getPERLLIB: /usr/bin/perl: bad interpreter: No such file or directory
./install.sh: line 412: [: too many arguments
I think your system will build architecture-dependent modules for package perl is not installed

Deleting all the old versions of the Perl modules I built,
I will re-install them in a minute.

Removing perl-TimeDate
Removing perl-MailTools
Perl modules I built have been removed...

Rebuilding all the Perl RPMs for your version of Perl

Attempting to build and install perl-File-Spec-0.82-3
--rebuild: unknown option

Missing file /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/noarch/perl-File-Spec-0.82-3.noarch.rpm.
Maybe it did not build correctly?

Attempting to build and install perl-ExtUtils-MakeMaker-6.50-2
--rebuild: unknown option

Missing file /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/noarch/perl-ExtUtils-MakeMaker-6.50-2.noarch.rpm.
Maybe it did not build correctly?

Attempting to build and install perl-Pod-Escapes-1.04-2
--rebuild: unknown option

Etc. etc. etc.