Spam Actions bounce

Michael Masse mrm at medicine.wisc.edu
Tue Dec 1 21:31:50 GMT 2009

Frank Cusack <fcusack at fcusack.com> wrote:
>> > Because high scoring spam is almost certainly (depending on what you have
>>> set as high)
>
> huh ... i guess as a workaround i can set the high score VERY high so
> all spam gets classified as normal spam.
>
> Do you see why it doesn't make sense to not have bounce for high scoring
> spam?  What is the difference between 9 and 10?  So I can bounce 9's
> but not 10's?  There's no reason for the distinction wrt bounce.
>
> -frank

It makes all kinds of sense.   Your not making the distinction between low scoring and high scoring spam.    Whatever you set your threshold to between high and low is up to you, and although you may be able to concoct a reason to reply back to low scoring spam, high scoring spam means 100% sure it's spam, therefore there is never a need to reply to it.    If you're getting FP's into the high scoring spam range then you have other problems that you need to address.     You say you have a special case where you need to reply.   Whatever that special case may be you can create a rule that takes whatever criteria you want for that specific case and reply back regardless of whether it's low or high so you can do whatever it is you want, so again, it makes perfect sense as to why you cannot reply back to high scoring spam.   In other words, not having an explicit option to reply back to high scoring spam doesn't mean you can't do it.

-Mike