Archiving to MailArchiva

DAve dave.list at pixelhammer.com
Wed Aug 26 14:17:52 IST 2009

Michael Mansour wrote:
> Hi Dave,

I only archive the messages "To" the target domain in MailScanner, our
outbound mail is handled by another set of servers. You would need to
adjust the rule for your installation.

> so won't need Step 4 as it'll be the real server.

Sure, I just didn't have the MailArchiva server online before I did
this, so it needed FQDN.

> But then the mailarchiva server will recieve these on its port 25, but destined to the "archive" account, you think even if that account didn't exist, the server would simply just sort the emails anyway?
>
> I know advanced rulesets can be added to the mailarchiva server, but I'm still new to it myself.

I honestly didn't look too closely, we needed it working for a single
client, for a test, and now it has been left running for that client.

The address "archive at archive-domain.com" is really unimportant, once the
message arrives at the MailArchiva server it is sorted based on the
original recipient.

Let me know how it works out for you. We are considering purchasing the
full version based on the fact it was so easy to manage the traffic that
is archived based on MailScanner rules.

DAve

--
"Posterity, you will know how much it cost the present generation to
preserve your freedom.  I hope you will make good use of it.  If you

http://appleseedinfo.org