Configuration suggestion...

Kevin Miller Kevin_Miller at ci.juneau.ak.us
Thu Aug 20 18:51:40 IST 2009

Julian Field wrote:

> I could just do an upgrade_MailScanner_conf; mv; mv in the RPM
> instead, that would remove the whole exercise from your hands. I just
> thought many people might like the opportunity to do it by hand so
> they get to see it working.

Been out of town, so my reply isn't all that timely, but it seems like it would be easy enough to gen up a little script that does the steps for those that want to fast track it.

If Jules is feeling bored one of these days w/nothing better to do (like that ever happens!), he could maybe include it in the download package - call it autoupdate.sh or something, I dunno.  But he shouldn't have to hold our hands all the way down the garden path - if it was that much of an annoyance to me I'd just write one and put it in /root/bin.  It would be, what, maybe 5 lines long?

Just my .02 worth...

...Kevin
155 South Seward Street     ph: (907) 586-0242
Juneau, Alaska 99801        fax: (907 586-4500