More descriptive body spam message

Denis Beauchemin Denis.Beauchemin at USherbrooke.ca
Tue Aug 18 13:32:53 IST 2009

Mauricio Tavares a écrit :
>     I received a spam mail from one of my other accounts in which
> their spamassassin detected the spam. That is fine, nothing specially
> really. But what it had that was interesting to me was the amount of
> info shown on the body of the message about the said spam:
>
> =============================%< ====================================
> Spam detection software, running on the system "freenet9.afn.org", has
> identified this incoming email as possible spam.  The original message
> has been attached to this so you can view it (if it isn't spam) or label
> similar future email.  If you have any questions, see
> the administrator of that system for details.
>
>    [...]
>
> Content analysis details:   (6.9 points, 5.0 required)
>
>  pts rule name              description
> ---- ----------------------
>  0.0 MISSING_MID            Missing Message-Id: header
>  1.3 MISSING_HEADERS        Missing To: header
>  1.0 BAYES_60               BODY: Bayesian spam probability is 60 to 80%
>                             [score: 0.6317]
>  0.0 HTML_MESSAGE           BODY: HTML included in message
>  1.5 MIME_HTML_ONLY         BODY: Message only has text/html MIME parts
>  0.0 FORGED_OUTLOOK_HTML    Outlook can't send HTML message only
>  3.1 FORGED_MUA_OUTLOOK     Forged mail pretending to be from MS Outlook
>
> The original message was not completely plain text, and may be unsafe to
> open with some email clients; in particular, it may contain a virus,
> or confirm that your address can receive spam.  If you wish to view
> it, it may be safer to save it to a file and open it with an editor.
>
> =============================%< ====================================
>
> A lot of that MailScanner already does, but in a shorthand version on
> the header. Is there a way to do something like the above, as in
> append that to the top of the body of the mail that by now is already
> defanged?
Mauricio,

I use the following in spam.assassin.prefs.conf to get a similar report:
clear-report-template
report Current analysis details:   (_HITS_ points, _REQD_ required)
report pts  rule name              description
report _SUMMARY_

Denis

--
   _