Permissions Issue ?

--[ UxBoD ]-- uxbod at splatnix.net
Mon Aug 3 12:23:55 IST 2009

----- "Julian Field" <MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk> wrote:

> I think your postfix's home directory is
> /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming.
>
> You need to point it somewhere else such as /var/spool/postfix (but
> make
> sure you create /var/spool/postfix correctly first).
> Your razor installation is writing ~/.razor/razor-agent.log in the
> MailScanner incoming work area, and it's creating it with tight
> permissions. It shouldn't be in there at all.
>
> On 03/08/2009 10:58, --[ UxBoD ]-- wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Am getting the following error :-
> >
> > Clamd::ERROR:: UNKNOWN CLAMD RETURN ./razor-agent.log/Access denied.
> ERROR :: /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/27836
> >
> > but cannot seem to track it down.  I have setup MailScanner.conf
> with the following :-
> >
> > Run As User = postfix
> > Run As Group = postfix
> > Incoming Work User = clamav
> > Incoming Work Group = clamav
> > Incoming Work Permissions = 0644
> >
> > Any ideas please as I thought from running before they are right ?
> >
> > Best Regards,
> >

> Jules
>
> --
> Julian Field MEng CITP CEng
> www.MailScanner.info
>
> Need help customising MailScanner?
> Contact me!
> Need help fixing or optimising your systems?
> Contact me!
> Need help getting you started solving new requirements from your
> boss?
> Contact me!

> Follow me at twitter.com/JulesFM and twitter.com/MailScanner

Hmmm Jules,

grep postfix /etc/passwd
postfix:x:89:89::/var/spool/postfix:/sbin/nologin

Outgoing Queue Dir = /var/spool/postfix/incoming
Incoming Work Dir = /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming
Processing Attempts Database = /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/Processing.db
SpamAssassin Cache Database File = /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/SpamAssassin.cache.db
SpamAssassin Temporary Dir = /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/SpamAssassin-Temp
Lockfile Dir = /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/Locks

Best Regards,

dangerous content and is believed to be clean.

SplatNIX IT Services :: Innovation through collaboration