Permissions Issue ?

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Aug 3 12:09:15 IST 2009

I think your postfix's home directory is /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming.

You need to point it somewhere else such as /var/spool/postfix (but make
sure you create /var/spool/postfix correctly first).
Your razor installation is writing ~/.razor/razor-agent.log in the
MailScanner incoming work area, and it's creating it with tight
permissions. It shouldn't be in there at all.

On 03/08/2009 10:58, --[ UxBoD ]-- wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am getting the following error :-
>
> Clamd::ERROR:: UNKNOWN CLAMD RETURN ./razor-agent.log/Access denied. ERROR :: /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/27836
>
> but cannot seem to track it down.  I have setup MailScanner.conf with the following :-
>
> Run As User = postfix
> Run As Group = postfix
> Incoming Work User = clamav
> Incoming Work Group = clamav
> Incoming Work Permissions = 0644
>
> Any ideas please as I thought from running before they are right ?
>
> Best Regards,

Jules

--
Julian Field MEng CITP CEng