Startup errors after major upgrade

G. Armour Van Horn vanhorn at whidbey.com
Thu Apr 30 02:04:06 IST 2009

Well, no, as it specifically banned spaces, periods, and underscores,
but was complaining about parentheses, I somehow hadn't thought to try
hyphens.

If Jules puts the product name in there by default, I have no reason to
take it out. I don't particularly want to hide the name, the product is
worthy of mention.

As it happens, I actually don't need anything more than the org-name at
the moment, because only one of my three servers is running MailScanner.
Over the last ten years, that hasn't normally been the pattern, and I
can't imagine that I'll stay with only three servers, only one of which
runs MailScanner, for all that long. If I have to dig a file out of the
quarantine for a client I would just as soon start digging on the right
server.

Van

Kai Schaetzl wrote:
> G. Armour Van Horn wrote on Wed, 29 Apr 2009 14:10:56 -0700:
>

>> I really don't like confusing my server name with your product name, but
>> without at least some non-alpha character that works it's difficult.
>>

> As you can easily see you can use hyphens. Also, nobody requires you to use
> "MailScanner" in there. And isn't the org-name sufficient for a
> distinction?
>
> Kai

Sign up now for Quotes of the Day, a handful of quotations
on a theme delivered every morning.
Enlightenment! Daily, for free!
mailto:twisted at whidbey.com?subject=Subscribe_QOTD

For photography, web design, hosting, and maintenance,
visit Van's home page: http://www.domainvanhorn.com/van/