Blocking Mail from Invalid Email Addresses

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Wed Apr 29 09:48:31 IST 2009

Johnny Stork wrote on Tue, 28 Apr 2009 18:03:32 -0700:

> I am running MS 4.72.5 on CentOS 5x. I also run milter-greylist and
> smf-sav for sender verification but I am not sure its working properly
> since the email address below (tatrixes_1996 at mydomain.ca does NOT exist
> and in fact there are only 2 valid email addresses on my mail server.

I don't understand. Is that server your only mail server? If yes, then you
don't need a milter to stop *sending* to invalid recipients on your side.
You simply do not create them (no catch-all). sendmail won't deliver, but
reject (and not bounce and not fill up your queue).

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany