New beta 4.76.16

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sun Apr 26 14:04:18 IST 2009

On Sun, 2009-04-26 at 10:11 +0100, Julian Field wrote:
> On 25/04/2009 22:16, Craig White wrote:
> > On Thu, 2009-04-23 at 09:59 +0100, Julian Field wrote:
> >
> >> There have been a few changes recently, including the Postfix
> >> processing-messages database fix and changes to the installer.
> >> So I have just released a new beta for you to try, which should solve
> >> all the outstanding issues.
> >> It's 4.76.16 and you can download it from www.mailscanner.info as usual.
> >>
> >> Please give it a try!
> >>
> > ----
> > I'm uncertain that I have enough knowledge to be too helpful here. I
> > think that the build order of the perl packages is wrong
> >
> > CentOS 5.3, MailScanner-4.76.20-1
> >
> > executed ./install.sh reinstall
> >
> > halted installation after removal of MailScanner perl packages, did a
> > normal yum update and continued the MailScanner process and noticed this
> > happen...
> >
> You don't have to do that any more, certainly not once you have
> installed a 4.76 version *once*. As of 4.76.12, none of the Perl modules
> get in the way of Perl's updates.
----
this was an upgrade over stable 4.74.16-1, sorry, I should have made
that clear.

figured, it was the mail server at my house and that I could try out
your beta since you were putting so much effort in it.
----
> > Attempting to build and install perl-Net-CIDR-0.13-1
> > Installing perl-Net-CIDR-0.13-1.src.rpm
> > Executing(%prep): /bin/sh -e /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.67171
> > + umask 022
> > + cd /usr/src/redhat/BUILD
> > + LANG=C
> > + export LANG
> > + unset DISPLAY
> > + cd /usr/src/redhat/BUILD
> > + rm -rf Net-CIDR-0.13
> > + /bin/gzip -dc /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/Net-CIDR-0.13.tar.gz
> >
> > <snip>
> >
> > + make test
> > PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /usr/bin/perl "-Iblib/lib" "-Iblib/arch" test.pl
> > 1..1
> > Can't locate Math/BigInt.pm in @INC (@INC contains: blib/lib
> >
> This only appears to happen to CentOS 5.2 systems that have been
> upgraded to 5.3. It does not happen on clean 5.3 installations, I tried
> it. I'll do a clean install on 5.3 with Net::CIDR moved to after bignum,
> BigRat and BigInt and see if it still works okay.
>
> But I still don't see why this is suddenly a problem for you, I have not
> changed the module installation order for a *very* long time.
----
this indeed was a CentOS 5.2 installation that was upgraded to 5.3 a
couple of weeks ago.

this was a 4.74.16 installation of MailScanner upgraded to 4.76.20

It wasn't that big a deal and just thought it would be useful to report
which I thought was the point of trying out your beta.

Craig

believed to be clean.