Found nn messages in the processing-messages database

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Apr 20 16:35:10 IST 2009

On 20/4/09 15:48, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 12:44:14PM +0200, Glenn Steen wrote:
>

>> If you go from totally random to deterministic/file, you'd still get
>> the needed uniqueness as well as the same key for the same queue file
>> (in the processing DB)... Which seems to be the problem needing to be
>> solved...?
>>

> Yes, this appears to be the problem needing to be solved in Kai's case,
> but it is not the problem in my case. See my post at
> <http://lists.mailscanner.info/pipermail/mailscanner/2009-April/090997.html>.
>
> Note that the Postfix log entries quoted in that post come from a grep
> of the ID only without the .entropy fragment and are the only entries
> found in the entire log.

Do you ever see any log entries containing
"New Batch: Found invalid queue files:"
when your mail source sends a large lump of messages?

Also, please try the latest beta 4.76.14. This may help with this
problem. I have worked out why it would end up with messages in there
when it shouldn't, but I can't see where it actually does it. It
shouldn't be able to happen. So I have added some more clauses to cause
it to ignore partially-delivered messages, which are what must be
causing the problem.

Jules.

> Also see the post at
> <http://lists.mailscanner.info/pipermail/mailscanner/2009-April/091022.html>
> for additional information.
>
> I will install 4.76.13-1 and remove the current processing database and
> see if that makes a difference, but I won't have time to do this before
> tomorrow.

Jules

--
Julian Field MEng CITP CEng