Found nn messages in the processing-messages database

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Fri Apr 17 19:20:16 IST 2009

Mark Sapiro wrote on Fri, 17 Apr 2009 09:19:51 -0700:

> This is not the same issue as in your case.

Yeah, I figured that by the fact that it doesn't occur after an MS reload.
But if you are not archiving you won't see that id in the MS log a second time,
anyway. Only the archiving seems to reveal to the log that it was already there.

> You may have hit on a clue. This is Postfix and all-numeric queue-ids are
> rare, but every one of the ones left in the processing-messages database
> is all-numeric.  It doesn't happen to every all-numeric id, but it certainly
> seems significant that all the problem ones are.

This is certainly weird, but in a different sense. I have a hard time to find
any such "number-only" id on my machines. Maybe they only happen with very
high message volumes?

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany